Today I logged onto my blog and had a message from A Prairie Godmother telling me that she had nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award”! Well, thank you very much for that honor! I’m excited because it means that someone besides my Facebook friends actually have taken a second to read my blog! Yay!!! Plus I get to display the awesome badge on my blog to let everyone know that someone actually likes me! Double Yay!
Now onto the good stuff:
1] Display the award logo on your post.
Done!! It’s on display for all to see! 🙂
2] Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog–
Thanks Cathy from A Prairie Godmother!!! Any woman who loves pulled pork and banana bread is a-ok in my book! Be sure to check her blog out! It’s good stuff!
3] Share 7 things about myself:
1. I am a Special Education Algebra teacher…which is an ironic twist of fate because it is the one subject I failed miserably in school myself. (If only I could track down my old Algebra teacher, who tortured me, to tell her how I turned out in life! That evil witch!)
2. Speaking of teaching, I consider my job a blessing. I get to do what I love every day with some seriously great people! When I retire I am going to write a book about it, and it’s going to be a doozy. All names will be changed to protect the (not-so) innocent, I promise.
3. I am a sports fanatic…especially when it comes to the Yankees and football. Just because I’m a woman doesn’t mean I can’t love watching a good game. Thanks to my dad for teaching me that!
4. I have a sick obsession with obituaries. I scour the paper everyday for funny ones. It’s just what I do.
5. I write like I speak…well, except for the colorful language that I tend to use in real life. Some of those phrases wouldn’t be appropriate for my blog. I think them in my head when I’m typing though.
6. I notice everything ridiculous and mentally log it for later. It’s the kind of stuff that makes my day.
7. I am dying to get “Freshly Pressed” on the main WordPress page. C’mon WordPress! What’s a girl gotta do to get “Freshly Pressed” around here??? Can’t you read my blog and pick me…just one time?!?! Seriously, that would be AWESOME! Sigh…maybe someday.
4] Pass the award to 15 nominees–
OK – I have to admit that I do not have 15 blogs to list..but I do have 10 that I like….especially if they have made me laugh. Take a second and check them out.
1. The Man of the Minivan. Really funny!
2. Twostepcub.blogspot.com. Nobody knows music like Ernie does. Trust me.
3. Woah, Baby!Motherhood at its funniest!
4. Tri Fatherhood
5. Angry Long Island White Guy Just found this blog, and love it! Totally my kind of humor!
6. Becoming Cliche
7. The Insanity of Motherhood
8. Whatever Works
9. The Byronic Man
10. The Time is Write
5. Contact each nominee and tell them of their big honor!
Done! Congratulations to my choices!
Well, there it is. My biggest WordPress achievement! Whew…that took a while to do, but was totally worth it! Thank you again A Prairie Godmother! You made my day!
Once again, I wish to take time away from my regular blogging to tell you about something I think is AWESOME…Zenfish Leather Designs. Previously, I made a post about Zenfish Dog Drawings. (If you didn’t see it, check it out by clicking the link or go into my archives and read all about it!).After years of cajoling her about this too, I’m glad to say that she has decided to start this business as well. (She is seriously multi-talented!)
Zenfish Leather Design features handcrafted leather journals and artist sketch books, and I think they are wonderful! I speak from experience because she has made them for myself, my husband, and my daughter…and we all love them.
When she came out with her new design I knew I had to make a blog post about it, because I think it is the perfect graduation gift for the budding writer or artist. Not only can she put the year on it, but she can monogram it as well. I can guarantee that no one else will give that special graduate the one of a kind gift that you do!
Is Zenfish a friend of mine? Clearly. However, I’m not the only one who thinks her work is exquisite. She is a featured shop and contest winner on Etsy, and is also featured on Wanelo. Her business is starting to really take hold, and I couldn’t be happier for her. That being said, I thought I should share it with all of you. I think her books are better than anything I have seen in any stores, and are worth taking a look at…especially with graduation approaching. My favorite part, aside from the obvious, is that 10% of all proceeds from her sites will be donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. I couldn’t agree with her more on her choice of charity!
The clock is ticking down to graduation day, so why not browse Zenfish Leather Design and see what she has to offer? I think you’ll find something you…and that future graduate…will love!